top of page

Accessible, Responsive And Timely Legal Representation

DWI Charges Involving Drugs Can Be Complex

If you are under the influence of drugs, law enforcement officers can arrest you and charge you with DWI even if you have not consumed any alcohol. You need not have taken the drugs the same day that you are driving to be considered driving under the influence of drugs. You could be charged with DWI if there is any amount of drugs in your body once tested. Even taking a legally prescribed drug could be grounds for a DWI charge.

If you are facing charges for a drug-related DWI offense, it is imperative that you immediately speak with an experienced attorney. A lawyer may be able to work on your behalf to build a strong defense and maximize the chances of a successful outcome in your criminal case.

Defending DWI And Drugs Cases In Minnesota

There are many different kinds of drugs, but there are certain drugs that are the most commonly found to be in one’s system when arrested for DWI. Here are some examples of such drugs:

  • Marijuana

  • Cocaine and crack cocaine

  • Methamphetamine

  • LSD (or acid)

  • Ecstasy

  • PCP

  • Heroin

  • Prescription drugs

  • Over-the-counter medications

Some of the drugs listed are obviously illegal, but some of them may have been legally purchased and/or prescribed to you. Unfortunately, many drugs have side effects that can make it dangerous to drive while using them. There are many factors in this kind of case and it is very important that you have an experienced lawyer to assist you in the process.

Discuss Your Charges With An Attorney For Free

Attorney Matthew Martin of Martin Law Offices, PLLC, is dedicated to building a strong defense on your behalf, based on facts that have been gathered about your arrest and any possible violations of your rights. He understands how serious each case is and that his client’s future is on the line. This is why he provides each of his clients with the skill and attention their case deserves. To get started with a free consultation, call 612-381-0303 or reach out online.

bottom of page