If you or someone you love is arrested and charged with a crime, it’s important to get the help of a qualified criminal defense lawyer as soon as possible. There can be serious consequences for most criminal charges and you need someone to begin helping you right away.
Minneapolis defense attorneys can work in a variety of fields and specialties such as felonies, misdemeanors, drug crimes, violent crimes, white-collar crimes, and more. When choosing a lawyer for your case, it’s important to choose someone who is experienced with similar cases to yours.
Your defense attorney will work to:
- Reduce your criminal charges
- Reduce or eliminate jail time
- Lessen the severity of the punishment of the crime
- Help you develop a defense strategy
When choosing your attorney, you should look to their expertise, knowledge, and skill level. You can ask the potential attorney questions to see if they are right for your needs, such as:
- Do you have experience in cases similar to mine?
- How many jury trials have you litigated?
- How much of my criminal case will you be handling yourself?
- Can you provide me with references of other clients you have helped?
Now you know what to look for in a Minneapolis criminal defense lawyer and if you find yourself facing criminal charges, you can get the professional help you need and deserve right away.
This is a very important decision to make after you have been arrested or charged with a criminal offense. If you have additional questions or concerns, contact us today. We are here to help.