DWI Arrests in Minneapolis
Minneapolis DWI Attorney
One of the most frightening and embarrassing experiences is being arrested for DWI. A driver is completely at risk to be arrested and charged with drunk driving after they have been pulled over. Even if an individual is given a breath or blood test, or by way of field sobriety testing, as a chance to prove their sobriety, the results may not be completely accurate. Being under the influence of a controlled substance or intoxicated is not always accurately determined by such tests. If you have been arrested for DWI, it is imperative to your future that you retain an experienced Minneapolis criminal defense attorney as soon as possible.
Arrested for DWI in Minneapolis?
There are certain actions that you can take when you are pulled over for DWI in Minneapolis to improve the situation. These actions are as follows:
- If a law enforcement officer turns on their siren and tries to pull you over, do not try to get away or speed up to avoid confrontation. Pull over at the first available moment.
- When you are speaking with the officer, be polite and treat them with respect.
- Do not resist arrest
- Do not become confrontational or violent with the officer
- Information that you relay to the officer can be used against you. Avoid answering questions asked to you, as politely as possible.
- Field sobriety tests are not a requirement. You can decline to participate in this kind of testing.
- When arrested, you have the right to remain silent. Exercise this right and request an attorney as soon as you possibly can.
At Martin Law Offices, we have years of successful experience in defending clients who are facing drunk driving charges in the Minneapolis area. There are certain aspects of the legal process which are very specific and having an attorney will benefit you greatly. The firm has a full understanding of the way the laws work and how to thoroughly investigate all aspects of a DWI arrest so to ensure those clients’ rights were not violated and are protected. Your attorney can look into matters such as the officer’s experience or training in the administering of field sobriety tests, and if the officer who arrested you had probable cause to pull you over at all. You will be well cared for and represented efficiently if you choose to get in contact with the firm.
If you would like more information about DWI arrests and how the firm will be able to help you, contact a Minneapolis DWI attorney today!